In 2014, Bishop Guertin High School welcomed its first group of international students. We never anticipated the wonderful and enriching experience it would be, not only for our students from across the world, but our entire BG community. We strongly feel that opening our doors to a more diverse student body speaks to our mission and goal for whole-person formation. Exchange and diploma students from Spain, Italy, Chile, Cambodia, Germany, South Korea, Mexico, China, Sweden, Vietnam, Finland, and more, have added to the vibrancy of the school and are such an integral part of the fabric of BG. We can’t imagine The Nest without them.
“Bishop Guertin offers a challenging curriculum and has a great atmosphere. If you try hard in your classes and to make friends, you will do well.”
-Younggyoun ‘David’ Moon ’18, South Korea, Diploma Student
“The teachers at Bishop Guertin care about you, and they use many different teaching methods. The classes are engaging and the teachers are always willing to help you succeed!”
-Ana Campos Escalante, Mexico, Exchange Student
“My host family has been incredibly welcoming to me this year! They have provided me with the opportunity to really understand American culture and the lifestyle in New Hampshire. We like to have conversations about our cultures and to better understand one another.”
-Ying On ‘Erica’ Chan ’20, Hong Kong, Diploma Student
More about BG's International Student Program
ABOUT BISHOP GUERTIN HIGH SCHOOL
- Independent Catholic, college preparatory high school located in Nashua, NH, less than an hour from Boston
- Rated #1 Catholic high school in New Hampshire
- Largest Catholic high school in the state
- Offer exchange and diploma programs for international students
- 100% graduation rate
- 21 AP courses and more than 30 Honors classes
- BG is the only school in the state to offer the AP Capstone Program
- Bishop Guertin won the first College Board AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award
- Lab-based science courses include biology, chemistry, and physics
- BG’s International Students have an average SAT score more than 70 points higher than the national average
LIFE AT BISHOP GUERTIN
- More than 50 clubs and extracurricular activities
- BG’s Mock Trial Team is the reigning NH State Champion and ranked 40th nationally out of 2000 teams
- 35 athletic teams, competing mostly at the Division I level, with numerous team and individual state championships
- Award-winning FIRST Robotics team competes in district, regional, and national competitions
- With nine musical ensembles including orchestra, jazz band, and chorus, student-musicians combine to offer more than 40 performances throughout each school year
- Student-musicians are regularly accepted into the New Hampshire All-State and Jazz All-State Music Ensembles
- The Cardinal Marching Band proudly marches in the Nashua Veteran’s Day and Memorial Day Parades
- Strong Campus Ministry program that provides extensive community service volunteer opportunities at local non-profits
- Award-winning student-artists are recognized annually by the New Hampshire Art Educators Association’s Annual Scholastic Art Awards
- Math Team consistently ranks at the top of intermediate schools
- BG’s Quiz Bowl team participates in the New Hampshire Quiz Bowl League and appears regularly on NHPBS’s Granite State Challenge
LIFE AFTER BISHOP GUERTIN
- 100% college acceptance rate to top academic institutions across the country
- 99% of Bishop Guertin graduates who enroll for their freshman year in college continue as sophomores
- BG students’ four-year college completion rate is almost twice the national average
- Top college majors for BG graduates are:
- Business, Finance, and Accounting
- Life Science and Health
- Computer Science
- 9,000 alumni worldwide
HOW TO APPLY
Our international students apply through New Hampshire based International Program provider, Study Six. To request more information or an application packet, please reach out to email@example.com or complete a New Student Inquiry form.
As part of your application, you will be asked to submit the following documents:
Last 3 years of school transcripts (originals and translated)
2 letters of recommendation (from teachers, coaches, tutors, counselors, etc.)
English test result (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, ELTiS)
Copy of passport
Overview of New Student Application Process:
Reach out to Study Six by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing a New Student Inquiry form
Submit a completed application and supplementary documentation
Interview via Zoom
Receive final acceptance from the Admissions Director
Acceptance letter and I-20 paperwork issued
Apply for a visa at your local US Embassy
Come to the US!
BECOME A HOST FAMILY
Becoming a host family is a wonderful opportunity to welcome an international student into your home. Through your support and commitment, our students’ lives are profoundly impacted for years to come. Many hosts enjoy a lasting relationship with students that they host and strong bonds are built through this program. We are calling upon the BG community to help us by applying to become a host today. Simply put, without you, there would be no International Program. Thank you for opening your home!
Our International Program and Host Family Network is managed by New Hampshire based International Program provider, Study Six. Hosts receive full training, ongoing support, and monthly stipend. For more information, please contact email@example.com or complete an online application by clicking here.
Overview of New Host Family Application Process:
Reach out to Study Six by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an online application form by clicking here.
Submit photos of your family, home, and student bedroom.
Complete a background check for household members aged 18 and above.
Our Student Liaison Officer will contact you to schedule an in-person house visit.
Complete our online training and onboarding process with the Student Liaison Officer.
Get matched with a student and welcome them to the US!